Challenging the Dogma of Oestrogen Dominance
12 Months OR Subscriber Pass
1.5 Hours total
About this course
The concept of “Oestrogen Dominance” is too
often proposed as a cause of a broad range of conditions related to the
female reproductive system.
Oestrogen dominance is often inappropriately assumed to be the cause of what many women are presenting with. This 'dominance' concept has arguably dubious origins and is creating confusion and likely poor care. We need to be cautious of our understanding of oestrogen levels and oestrogen function and not let our treatment “protocols” become misguided.
This presentation will discuss an alternative concept to classify women's health conditions as well as outline when oestrogen clearance is indicated. Importantly, you will hear when alternative management strategies need to be considered. Sandra will remove confusion around the term oestrogen dominance, update you with the latest understandings of hormonal balance and improve the clinical management of women’s health that results in better clinical outcomes.
Clear protocol explanations from some of the world's top practitioners
Clinical pearls for improved practice results
Access to your audio and video recordings via the App Store
A downloadable PDF of the presenter’s slides
Links to all referenced research papers and useful clinical handouts
Access to the community hub where you can get answers to your questions
A 30-day money back guarantee
From this course you will
- Gain a more nuanced understanding of the role of oestrogen in women's health
- Learn new terminology for oestrogen dominance, with more realistic and user friendly terms. This encourages collaborative health care management using language that is universally accepted amongst the wider healthcare community.
- You will learn about the latest approach to the appropriate of PMS/PMDD, heavy menstrual bleeding (HMB), dysmenorrhoea, endometriosis/ adenomyosis, oestrogen dependant cancers, amenorrhoea, menopause and perimenopause, menstrual migraine and PCOS.
- Learn when oestrogen clearance may be indicated.
- Explore the the role of vitex castus in women’s health- how it works and where it is indicated
- Learn from case studies based on 27 years
of clinical experience.
What's in this course
Sandra has a family naturopathic practice. She consults with young children, teenagers, men and women of all ages up to the elderly. Sandra has a special interest in the management of women's health from puberty; through the reproductive years and pregnancy; and a particular interest in women's health during the peri-menopausal years.
She is a consultant naturopath at Jean Hailes for Women’s Health, a national not-for-profit organisation dedicated to improving the knowledge of women’s health throughout the various stages of their lives, and to provide a trusted world-class health service for women. Jean Hailes for women’s Health is regarded throughout Australia as a leader in women's healthcare and Sandra has been working as part of their team since 1999.
Through her work, Sandra has developed working relationships with several health professionals including medical specialists and GPs, whom refer patients to her, and to whom she can comfortably refer patients to. This collaborative health care approach is beneficial for patients allowing for a more comprehensive management and supports them in their choice to access natural therapies alongside medical treatment.